Do you want to use your favorite domain name by removing .blogspot.com from Blogger blog ?
Do you want to know how to add Custom Domain in Blogger?
Do you blogger your blog hosting you like to do?
If your answer is yes then this article is of great use to you and you must read it.
Why add custom domain in blogger?
Earlier we had told you how to create a blog in Blogger , if you want to create a blog for free, then you must read that article.
Blogger or Blogspot is actually a blogging platform of Google from where you can create your blog for free.
But it also has some limitations and the biggest drawback is that you do not get top level domain here, you have to work from sub domain.
Suppose you want to create a blog whose address is yourname.com, then you will not find such an address or domain on blogger, yes you can create a blog named yourname.blogspot.com and it is called sub domain.
Blogs with sub domains do not look professional at all, by looking at its address, it is known that this is a free website and this can spoil your impression.
But can this problem be solved?
Yes, of course, you can give a great address to your free website or blog through a custom domain.
You can buy a domain from any domain provider and connect that domain to blogger. Here we have given complete information about this in a step by step manner.
Benefits of Using Custom Domain in Blogspot or Blogger?
- A custom domain acts as a brand name for your website or blog.
- This increases the credibility of your site.
- It is easy to rank on search engines because search engines like Google give more preference to top level domains or custom domains than sub domains like .blogspot.com and .wordpress.com.
- Helps in doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) .
- You can create professional email id using your domain like: [email protected]
- You can also create a sub-domain as per your requirement by using your custom domain like service.yourdomain.com
- You can easily share this with others and people will remember it quickly.
- It also becomes easy to get approval from Google Adsense.
How to add domain in blogger?
Step 1: First of all, if you have not bought the domain name yet, then buy a domain from any good domain registrar. You can also buy a domain from GoDaddy , for information about this, definitely read this article: How to buy a domain from GoDaddy? [easy way]
Step 2: Now log in to blogger.com and select your blog on which you want to add domain and go to Settings and go to Basic .
Step 3: Click on + Set up a third-party URL for your blog written below your blog address .
Step 4: Now you have to enter the domain you have purchased. Keep in mind that you must put www in front of the domain name . e.g. www.yourdomain.com. After that you click on the “Save” button.
Step 6: You have to keep this page open like this and log in by opening Godaddy’s website in a separate tab of your browser. (Here we have given the example of Godaddy, if you have bought a domain from another domain registrar, then you have to go through the same process by visiting their website.)
Step 7: Under My products in Godaddy, you will see your domain, whose DNS setting has to be gone.
Step 8: In the next page, you have to go to the Advanced Features section at the bottom and click on “Import Zone File” to upload the downloaded file from blogger.
Step 9: If the file is successfully uploaded then you go to step 10 . But if the file is not uploaded then you have to do this work manually.
- Go to the Records section and click on the Add button.
- Now you have to copy and paste the codes i.e. CNAME records from blogger in step 4. You have to add two records. The first record will be something like this: Type = CNAME, Host = www, Points to = ghs.google.com, TTL = 1 Hour Save all these by entering as shown in the picture below.
- Similarly, by clicking on the Add button again, you have to copy and enter the second record.
Step 10: Now go back to the blogger page (which has been opened in its second tab) and click on the Save button. Now Edit click and tick by on Redirect Option Save turn.
Now you will be able to access your website without www and without www. After following these steps, your blog will be redirected to your domain.
If a person also visits your old address, then he will automatically be redirected to your new domain.
We hope that by reading this tutorial you have understood how to add custom domain to blogger and how to add godaddy domain to blogger? Do tell us your questions or suggestions regarding this in the comment below.